Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Eligor ~ Dinky ~ 1925 Opel Cabriolet ~ Studebaker Petrol Truck ~ # 30P

Happy Holidays to all Diecast addicts across the World !

"A Christmas Poem" by Bert Donnelly,  originally published in C.A.R.S.  back in 1967.

            On Xmas I was heard, uttering great sounds of joy,
            For there in my stocking,  was an old Tootsietoy,
            My wife,  God Bless Her, had found a La Salle,
            She placed it in my stocking,  a real true pal,
            My pulse really quickened, and my eyes shone like stars,
            For this was like seeing,  a man straight from Mars,
            I hope others among you,  were as happy as me,
            By finding a Tootsie,  nestled under the Tree.

2 models this time,  and of course in Holiday colors !   First,  another nice Eligor model from France, a 1925  Opel Cabriolet with top up,  featuring boat tail back.  Cast body,  plastic roof, wheels,  and rubber tires.    Second,  a 1950-53 Dinky Studebaker "Petrol" Tanker,  cast body and hubs, black sheet metal base, silver grille, bumper, headlights and filler caps -  Made in England - no number on base.

 

 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment